Sunday, June 05, 2005

This 'n That

Soooo... not much to report. I went to Old Navy on Saturday and bought 4 pairs of flip flops for $10.60. That is awesome. I needed some new ones because mine smell like old, dirty feet. Gee, I wonder why? At first I went into EMS because I really wanted a new pair of Reefs, but of course they did not have my size in any of the colors I would've wanted. That happens every time I go in there. I think maybe I'll just have to go online. But in the meantime I have some lovely new colorful cheap-O ones from Old Navy. They make my feet happy. :)

Right now I am avoiding being in my bedroom because I have let it get out of control disorganized. I think I have about 75% of my wardrobe on top of my bed and in my hamper right now -- all clean and just waiting to be put it in its right place. Before I can actually go to sleep tonight I know that I am going to have to clean off my bed. What do we think the chances are of me putting all the clothes away vs. relocating the heap?? I'd say about 30/70.

I've decided that people with cable are all morons. At work tonight I think I may have spoken to the Stupidest Person on Earth (SPoE). Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hi, this is Maria, how can I help you tonight?"
SPoE: "Um yea, my power went out a little while ago, and now I don't have cable."
Me: "OK, is your power back on now?"
SPoE: "Well yea, sort of, it keeps flashing in and out. It's off now."
Me: "OK, well I can't really do any troubleshooting if you don't currently have power. What you need to do is wait until your power is permanently restored and if your cable doesn't come on then you can call us back."
SPoE: "Well, can't you just schedule an appointment now, in case it doesn't come back on?"
Me: "We can't do that because if we set up the appointment for tomorrow let's say, and you still don't have power, but you forget to call and cancel, then a technician is going to show up at a house with no power, which is no good."
SPoE: "Oh."
...Pause...
...Silence...
SPoE: "So I just have to wait til the power comes back on then?"
Me: "Yes."
SPoE: "OK. Thanks. Bye."
...Click...

I swear to God, did these people snack on lead paint chips as children?? It's like calling a mechanic and saying, "My car won't start, but it's out of gas and I can't find my keys. Do you think you could you take a look at it for me??" Oy.

Oh I almost forgot, on Friday I went to watch Shaun play softball, which was pretty fun, except that his team lost, but not for lack of effort on his part. The funniest thing was that the opposing team had a bright orange team tee-shirt, that said, "The Shocker," and had a picture of a right hand with only the ring finger bent inwards. When I expressed confusion over the meaning of the hand symbol (I was thinking shadow puppets here people, that is how far off I was!") Shaun's best friend, Shimmy T, was like, "You don't know the SHOCKER?? Two in the pink, one in the stink!!" And I think I was visibly revolted. What kind of nonsense is that to put on your team's softball jersey?? I mean, there are children at these games!! Can you just imagine your little 7 year old son and his friend running around going, "Yeah! The SHOCKER!!!" and giving each other that hand symbol?!

Ugh, I shudder just thinking about it. (If you don't get it, please never ask me, it is too horrible to try to explain.)

For now I must go. I need to dig my bed out from under a monstrous pile of clothing. And yes, most of it is from the Gap.

No comments: