Saturday, June 25, 2005

Say Halleluja...

Because today a seemingly impossible thing happened: I got a cell phone. You know, after my shit got shut off in December I thought, "This is really not that big a deal, I can live without a phone." Which is true, but you guys, my friends, were driving me crazy with all your begging -- Maria, PUH-LEEZ get a damn cell phone! We can never get in touch with you!! Well people, ask and you shall receive. And I didn't even have to pay a deposit! Now you don't have to rely on my family to pass along messages, or listen to my dad's increasingly, um, creative answering machine greetings anymore. Time to party!

So far today has been a great day. I don't want to jinx it seeing as how it's only 9:15, but I really don't think things could go downhill. I woke up to a sunny, hot, beautiful Saturday that I had COMPLETELY OFF FROM ALL JOBS! Awesome. Then I went shopping with my baby bro's girlfriend, Jessica, Got my phone turned back on (sweet!), and stopped by the post office to mail Beca her birthday present. Which brings me to....

Feliz cumpleaños a ti mi amiga querida! Yes, that is right, today Miss Beca (and her twin Neftali) turned 24. Girl I hope you are out there are partying it up royal with Kevin. I hope you guys had weather as nice as it was here in Michigan!! Miss you chica!

Then I came home, laid in the sunshine in my backyard listening to one of my neighbor's get married (the ceremony and reception for Miss Vanessa Hicks was at their house today, for those who know her). Took a nice cool shower. Read some magazines. Went to have dinner with a cutie pie at 7:30. Now I am just waiting for Nik to get out of work to see what's up for tonight. Oh, and I bought three CDs today, and every single one of them is AMAZING. The Killers (a long overdue purchase), the new White Stripes disc (which I bought on blind faith since I hadn't heard a single, solitary song), and Amerie's, "Touch," which is pretty bangin'.

Let's hope tomorrow is even better than today -- or at least not any worse!

Oh and P.S. If you want my new cell number call the house or email me, I'm not putting it up here for obvious reasons. Holla!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hard times fall upon all of us at some point or another my man. I got fired from a shitty job in early October and didn't get a job until late January, which was basically 4 months of unemployment. Student loans and car insurance are more important than a cell phone, so it went bye bye. But now I'm back!

Anonymous said...

I want your phone number!!!!!

And here's a cool site to check out: http://www.paulsadowski.com/birthday.asp

Anonymous said...

also, post in my journal damnit! heehee... i know you can only do anonymous, but you can sign your name to it :) i'm a dork. sorry... :)