Monday, September 12, 2005

Nuttin' Honey

So this weekend was pretty chill. And thank GOD for that! On Saturday I worked a little 5 hour shift at the Gap that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. We finally have a new permanent Head of Store, so things are operating normally again, which makes me optimistic about the decision to continue working there. That horrible transitional phase when we had no real leadership was terrible. I dreaded going into the store because I just knew I'd be buried under a pile of wadded up clothes in the fitting rooms. But it seems those days are gone -- knock on wood!

After work on Saturday Shaun and I had dinner with my mom and then headed over to Shannon's to babysit for the kidlets. What cuties!! I swear it has been FOREVER since I've seen them; I can't even remember the last time! Shaun was really sweet with Hannah, she kept throwing books at him and he just kept reading to her. The kids went to bed after about an hour and a half so most of the night was taken up watching TV on Shannon and Daniel's couch and massaging Shaun's aching neck. This may sound incredibly silly and girlish, but it meant a lot to me that Shaun came to babysit with me, and that he actually seemed to enjoy it -- as opposed to just tolerating it because he felt obligated to be there. It's just another of his qualities that make him almost impossibly sweet.

On Sunday Shaun and I went to the Bridal Salon at Marshall Field's in Somerset to watch his little sis Kristina (who is a few months younger than me) try on her two potential wedding dresses. Of course she looked gorgeous in both of them (the girl is so beautiful she'd look amazing in a trash bag, see her and Shaun to the right) but the one that she picked out seems like it is perfect for her. I don't know her that well, but when she came out in the dress it just seemed like it was made for her to wear. Shaun and I were talking about how he has two major weddings to be in next year, his cousin (and one of his very best friends) Matt's in June, and then Kristina's in the fall. After just having gone through the ginormous event that was Kira's wedding I can understand his thoughts on starting to save for it now! I totaled it all up and ultimately I spent about $1400 on Kira's wedding.

It seems like everywhere I turn people are getting married. In my life as well as other people's. When Shaun and I went to the Peach Festival in Romeo we bumped into a couple guys he went to high school with -- all getting married. His cousin, his sister. Kira just got married, I know a couple of Stephanie's friends are engaged. I keep wondering who will be next. Six months ago I would have had some very different predictions about which of my friends would be headed down the aisle. Things have changed for a lot of them, and I'm clueless as to who will be next. Steph and Brian maybe?? It's caused me to do a lot of thinking about my own life, and I'm starting to wonder if I should feel more pressure to tie the knot. I feel absolutely no rush whatsoever (because my mama has taught me well!). Knowing what a huge, gigantic, enormous, life-altering decision it is, and how totally afraid I am to end up divorced someday, I just want to make the perfect decision. And only time will allow that. And time I've got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and now it begins....

Anonymous said...

and that last annonymous was ShimmyT... posting on the Axim is tricky.