Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Psychic Stranger

So yesterday I am convinced I talked to a psychic woman on the phone at work. She called about her bill and after we had gone over it and I said, "Well thanks for calling and you have a great day!" She replied with, "And you have a happy birthday!"

What?? I was thinking, I didn't mention my birthday to this woman... or did I? So I said, "Did I tell you my birthday is coming up?" And she said, "No, but I know it's two weeks from this past Sunday." Which it is. How odd. So my next question was, "Do I know you?" And she said, "No, but I know things. Like I know your car died last week." Stunned silence on my part. "And you're getting a new one on Friday." Not even 20 minutes before I talked to this woman I had just finalized plans to get a new car on Friday. She reassured me at this point, "Don't worry baby, you gonna get a real good deal on it, 2 for the price of 1!" (Whatever that means.)

Then I had to ask, "How do you know this?" Knowing she had more she laughed and said, "I know you fell and hurt your leg last week." I fell in the shower and bruised the CRAP out of my left knee. "I know you have a round shaped face with prominent cheekbones. And that party you're hosting this weekend, don't worry cuz it's going to turn out fine. Hostess with the mostest!" Kira's bachelorette party is this weekend.

She told me to take a calcium-magnesium-zinc supplement, to help with the charlie horses that I get in my feet (!). She told me to be careful on my birthday, and also to be careful not to intimidate my man. Then she told me to have a nice afternoon, and God bless, and with a laugh hung up her phone.

Needless to say, I was super freaked out. I think I walked over to Shaun's desk almost in tears. It was one of the freakiest things that has ever happened to me, and I was freaked out all day afterwards. Then I almost ate a live bee that somehow managed to sneak its way into my tuna salad that had been sealed in tupperware since I removed it from another sealed container in my refridgerator at home. I was just about to put it in my mouth when it moved its wings. I threw the tuna away, tupperware and all, and went to McDonald's to get a bee-free cheeseburger. Wonder what crazy shit is in store for me today??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to stop with that funny stuff before work...

Shaun said...

i told that woman to call you...hee hee :o)
August Fools!

Anonymous said...

holy shit! so shaun, did you really plan that or what?!

Maria said...

No way! He is a ball of lies and deceit, there is NO WAY he told that woman to call, he's just trying to take the excitement out of my BONAFIDE random experience with a real life psychic! Hahaha.... The thing that trips me out the most is that it was all just over the phone, that's some potent psychic ability right there y'all....

Shaun said...

yes i was kidding. Hey, psychics are out there, what can you say?

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! Well, be sure to let us all know how the car shopping goes. :)

Also, the supplement she mentioned should help with stress too.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

wow! that's KRAZY Maria...just plain WEIRD!

Beca