Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bachelorette Party

So it's over. And thank God! Not only am I dangerously close to being broke, but I just don't think I could've handled one single solitary extra day of partying. It takes effort to be that wasted for that many consecutive hours.

The Bachelorette Party weekend came off without a hitch, and everyone had a great time, including and especially Kira, which is all that really mattered to me anyway. Maura's house is AMAZING. It's huge and has about a million beds and a beautifully finished basement with a complete bar, big screen TV, pool table and dart board. Plus it's on a lake that is only shared with three other houses and is just big enough to allow motorized watercraft, so we played on the pontoon boat and jet ski too. The theme for the party accidentally ended up being The Penis, in all its unique and interesting forms. She had a penis shaped cake, penis shaped ice cubes, penis shaped Jello shots, a little fake veil with penises dangling from it (shown above), penis bottle caps, a little rev-em-up penis (similar to a McDonald's Happy Meal toy, only X-rated). One could say it was a penis bonanza. Topped off with a little *surprise* live male entertainment, complete with a bonafide penis (not to be shown, EVER).

I think I am still in disbelief that my best friend is getting married. I mean, holy crap. This actually makes us adults now. I remember when Kira and I only wore flannels and Converse, and cried when Kurt Cobain died, and thought The Cranberries were the greatest band of all time. I remember laying in my neighbor's overgrown grass listening to "Runaway Train" (yes, that ONE Soul Asylum song that was popular for a brief moment in time many moons ago). I remember our country phase, when we loved Tim McGraw's "Don't Take the Girl" and that one good country movie that was released posthumously after River Phoenix died and noone ever saw it except us. I remember how when K and I watched "Legends of the Fall" for the first time I cried for 20 minutes after it was over and she laughed her ass off at my sissy butt. I remember us fighting over Branden in tenth grade, and making up after I broke up with him because he was nutty as hell and had a crazy ass mama. I remember Kira always being there for me when I needed her and vice versa -- I remember her coming with me to Nick's funeral in February and holding my hand while I cried my eyes out and telling me that she loved me and that somehow it'd all be OK.

Kira once told me that in a conversation she had with her dad, he said something like, "You rarely find great friends in your life. Maria is the gold." It's so wonderful to me that I know that Kira and I will always be in each other's lives. I know that when it comes my turn to get married that she will be right with me every step of the way, shelling out the cash and taking the shit and waking up early and partying her ass off just to make sure that I have the best wedding possible. I know how lucky I am to have her as a friend, and I am even more stunned to sit back and think about how I have lots of friends like her -- Nik, Bec, Steph.... Girls I know that will always be there for me, no matter how far away they are. That makes me damn lucky.

I will still be glad when the wedding's over though. It'll be nice to have my weekends and paychecks free again! Hahahahaha....

In other news I bought a new car, a 1999 Mercury Cougar, which really makes it a used car, but it's new to me. I made a down payment, it's all in my name, yet another step forward into the realm of adulthood! I get to pick it up on Wednesday. Happy birthday to me! Still planning to go to Four Green Fields on Saturday night. Call my cell or email me if you want to come and need directions. The more the merrier!

4 comments:

Shaun said...

i'll be there on Sat night, and count Shimmy T in too!

Shaun said...

by the way...i luuuuuuv that 2nd photo!

Anonymous said...

You both look great! Yay! And I'm curious where this pimped out palace is too...

Keep an eye on your mailbox...

Nikki said...

Party on Dude!