Monday, August 29, 2005

Birthday

So yesterday was my actual 24th birthday and it couldn't have been better. Saturday night I was honest-to-God shocked at all the folks that turned up to have a beer (or four) with me at Four Green Fields. (Shaun is right though, it was uber lame that they kicked us out at 1:45, it's no RJs baby, I can tell you that!) Thanks to everyone who surprised me by coming out, especially Matty B and Harold, who I hadn't seen in AGES! Check the link for #24 at the right to see pictures from the party.

Yesterday Shaun and I went to the Comcast company picnic at C.J. Barrymore's in Clinton Township and I actually won a badass 5 disc CD player stereo in the raffle!! It was awesome! By the time they called my number I'd kinda stopped paying attention because I figured my chance of winning was slim to none, and I was just glancing around looking for other people I knew, when I heard my number and Shaun went, "That's you!" How nice of them to rig it for me on my birthday.... ;)

After the picnic we went to go see the absolute WORST movie I've seen in a very, very, very long time, The Brothers Grimm. I was *so* disappointed, and I almost never hate movies like that, but this one was awful. Under no circumstance should you waste your money on it, it was contrived, confusing, and just plain dumb. Two thumbs way down!!

After the movie we had dinner with his mom and his sisters at a cool Italian restaurant called Bucca di Beppo, also in Clinton Township. I was pretty surprised that they had little gifts for me, since it was for his birthday, but his sister Kristina and her fiance, Chad, got me a giftcard to Starbucks (which will be put to good use this week!), and his mom and Jacqueline got some goodies from Clinique -- how they knew that I love Clinique I don't know, but it was great! Shaun got some great gifts from his family too -- check his latest blog entry to read more about that. We had a really wonderful dinner, and even got to blow out candles on a little cake after the meal.

And speaking of Shaun, I just have to say that I don't think a man has EVER gotten me better birthday gifts than he did. He got me a beautiful hardcover book of National Geographic photos that I *LOVE* and on the inside cover there was a gift card to Victoria's Secret. He also gave me a gorgeous pair of turquoise and silver earrings from Banana Republic that I had been hardcore eyeing one day while we were in there shopping. But I put them down and walked away because it was not a day to spend that much money on myself... and he remembered!! Needless to say, I was (and am) very impressed. He liked the gifts I got for him too, and damn does he smell good in his new cologne.

So, thanks to everyone who called (I'm still trying to call everyone back that I missed yesterday), and sent cards or a gift. I love you guys! Thanks for making my b-day a great one!

No comments: