Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Mysterious Case of the Pink Gorilla

So, I have been The Girl in The Relationship with The Boy when everything is fine and dandy and then BAM! One day the Pink Gorilla walks in, uninvited, to a party you are hosting and you both pretend not to notice because gorillas aren't pink, they are black, and who knows if maybe you are cracking up or going bananas or what!? So you both go on, and the Pink Gorilla moves in and starts sleeping nights on your couch. He eats dinner with you and noone talks to or about him. He smirks under all that fuschia fur, and he waits. Then one day, when one of you has reached The Breaking Point, dinner forks are dropped with vigor or dresser drawers are slammed shut and you finally yell, "What the hell is up with the fricking Pink Gorilla??!!" Then one of you is packing up boxes and putting them into a car and moving back in with your parents/best friend/sister or brother. And the other is left sitting with your head in your hands while the Pink Gorilla snickers mercilessly before shuffling off to his next pair of victims.

The other day Shaun and I were curled up on the couch watching The Food Network, when his apartment door opened and lo and behold, the Pink Gorilla stuck his head in. Shaun and I looked at each other; I just laughed and laughed, and Shaun said, "Holy shit! Did you see that big ass pink gorilla?!" We gave him a banana and sent him on his way. Then we went back to watching Iron Chef America. Crazy how I love this man.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Nobody comments on my blog anymore. I am starting to feel sad! :(

Anonymous said...

Here is a comment to make you feel better :)

Shaun said...

alrighty then.........i didn't see anything...i'm blinded by your beauty!

Anonymous said...

yeah, so whatever hallucinagens you're on, will you share? haha

sorry i don't post all the time. i just like checkin up on ya.

brian's going to kauai in less than a month. we've got thanksgiving in seattle. we're getting a kitty!!!! our first child... haha

you sound like you're doing well. 401K is really important to contribute to, so keep up on that. IRAs are something to consider too. my boss mentioned to me about getting my license, so i will be able to drone on about all kinds of things soon. i can recommend stuff to do for retirement eventually. :o)

take it easy, ri... we'll see you in december!
love, steph

ps: i like how they're trying to crack down on blog spammers! heehee

Maria said...

Awww shucks guys, thanks fer the comments! :) I feel better now.

Anonymous said...

Pink Gorilla ... I don't get it. Cyan chimp I get, but pink gorilla ... you ... you lost me there. Although I did have a problem with a purple kangaroo once. He kept stealing all my stuff by putting it in his pouch. When I would confront him about it he always got real defensive and got in that kangaroo boxing stance they have ... only his was kind of different because, well, he was purple. Man I hated that kangaroo. I never recovered my super-troopers DVD ...