Sunday, July 01, 2007

Homeslice

I gotta say, I miss my homeslice Nikki. (Do we not look super cute in this picture? That's a rhetorical question by the way, no comments necessary.) This was before going to Memphis Smoke on Friday, where we were hit on by some really ridiculous men in their mid 40s -- I mean, seriously -- and then we went with Linda to a midnight screening of The Goonies at the Royal Oak Main Art Theater. That movie was always funny when I was a kid, but it was even better with a mild buzz going .

I am fortunate enough to have some AMAZING women in my life as friends. Unfortunately for me, most of them no longer live in Michigan, but whenever we do get in a chat or a visit, it always feels like no time has passed. It's empowering to have such awesome women as my friends. They inspire me to be strong, be smart, take chances, stand up for myself, and learn from my mistakes. I know that with all of my friends I can really be myself -- honest-to-goodness, occasional goofball, non sotto voce, cries at sappy movies, strange toed, always 10 minutes tardy Maria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good picture :)