Thursday, May 31, 2007

Grad School Here I Come!

I am happy to share with all my lovely readers that I was accepted to Wayne State University's Graduate School today. I will begin work on my Master's in Library and Information Science in September. Woo hoo! I pretty much knew that I was going to get in, but it still felt great to see the, "Congratulations!" at the top of the letter.

This means that I am going to have to save my pennies this summer to pay my tuition in the fall, and I also have to buy a computer (yay!). I've been wanting to buy a computer for a while, I just couldn't justify the expense, but now I have a great reason to get a brand spanking new one!

Other than that, things have been pretty chill. Memorial Day weekend was nice, except that I had to work all day last Friday and Saturday. Sunday I went to the Tigers game with Kira and Jeff and a bunch of his *super cute* rugby buddies. (Seriously -- super, super cute. Rowdy, but very cute.) I told Kira that more of that needs to happen this summer, it's so much fun hanging out with her, and because she was in Kalamazoo for so long I feel like we got used to not being able to see each other very often, but that is a non issue now! So tomorrow we are going shoe shopping.

On Memorial Day Steph and I took our booties out to Kensington and walked the 8 mile loop around the park. I still cannot figure out why I thought that was a good idea. In sandals no less, with a hangover. Sometimes I am such an idiot I amaze myself. My legs hurt for two days afterwards, but I think they've finally forgiven me. It was nice to just hang with Steph though, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. Days like that are why I love Michigan.

So yea, pretty chill. I have a much needed day off tomorrow and then this weekend is Linda's birthday, the proper celebrations will accompany the event on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I think we are going to go to Ann Arbor on Saturday with some of her friends, which should be interesting because I haven't gone out in Ann Arbor since the summer of 2003 after we all graduated. I'm pretty sure that my favorite bar (Mitch's, what??) doesn't exist anymore, but I am sure we'll have fun. A2 is always a good time. Maybe I'll have some cute pictures to post soon.

Til then, my dear readers, this will have to suffice. Toodles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maria!! Just what the doctor ordered!

Anonymous said...

Mitch's still exists ... hope you found it! It's right across the street from where it used to be right above Bubble Tea. It's still there ... but it's not the same place really, or maybe I'm just different. Probably a little bit of both.

John Wood said...

Dude, c'mon, I got your back, call me.