Thursday, January 05, 2006

Show Me the Money

OK seriously. The payroll department at work has f*cked up 3 of the last 4 of my paychecks, and now I am officially pissed off about it. The first time (4 checks ago) they shorted me four hours and some OT, totaling about $60. Since it was the first time it ever happened, and I wasn't pressed for the $60, I figured, "Hey, no biggie." They fixed it on my next check. Which had a new error of its own. That new error was really small, and came out to being about $5 short. Not really a big deal at all. The next check was OK, but the one I got today has pushed me over the edge. This time it's a full day short, which is more than $100.

One of the managers at work suggested that I try to, "make a case," to the payroll girl to try to convince them to issue it to me immediately in a seperate check -- as opposed to having to wait for it to appear on my next check in two weeks. I thought about that for a little while and then a realization hit me: SCREW THAT. I really, really, really need that $100. If I don't get it, I may be eating bread and water and hitchhiking to work because I won't be able to guy gas or food. But that is NOBODY'S business. There is no way in hell that I should have to go explain in detail to my manager and members of our HR and payroll departments how desperate my financial situation is right now. I need that money because I don't go to work each day for fun, I go because I get a paycheck every two weeks. I shouldn't have to 'make a case' for why I'd like to be paid money that they owe me for time that I worked.

Wish me luck when I go talk to them tomorrow. Flippin a-holes.

2 comments:

Shaun said...

i'll cook everyday for you if need be hunny!!!!

Nikki said...

F&%# Comcast! They should pay you with interest!