Sunday, October 23, 2005

Some Reasons Why...

I love Ewan McGregor.

1. Trainspotting, the best of the drug movies. It's like you know exactly what it would be like to have to kick a heroin habit, which makes you damn sure you never want to start one -- just in case you ever had any thoughts about giving it a try.

2. His to die for Scottish accent. Yes it's pathetic and classically American to be turned on by it, but I love it nevertheless.

3. He sings in movies but hasn't released a single or made an album or pretended to be a rock star like Jared Leto, Keanu Reeves, or Russell Crowe.

4. That series on Bravo, Long Way Round, where he and a buddy drove their fricking motorcycles across Europe through Asia over to Alaska (via plane) down through Canada across the U.S. and into New York City. Go here to learn more about it, or to get good gift ideas for yours truly.

5. He got to be Obi Wan Kenobe.

There are more, of course, but these will suffice for now....

P.S. If any of the ladies are hankering for a girls night, I think next weekend would be a most opportune time.

9 comments:

Shaun said...

Jessica Alba is way hotter!!!!! But if i must break out the Irish accent to turn you on....well i can do it. Who knows, if i do, it just might be the wildest night we've (or you and Ewan) have ever had!!!!

Maria said...

Baby, you don't need an accent to turn me on!!

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree with Harold on this...ELIZABETH TOWN SUCKS, and ORLANDO BLOOM SUCKED IN THE ROLE. I wanted to hurl while watching it last night.

-Bec

Maria said...

Jeez, guess I won't be going to see Elizabethtown any time soon!!

Anonymous said...

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose Ewan McGregor.

You know what, Elizabethtown was not that bad. I hold Cameron Crowe to very high standards, and I know deep down that this is not his finest effort, but the movie is worth it for the last 30-45 minutes alone - absolutely brilliant if you asked me ... which no one did, so maybe I should just shut the motherfuck up about it. I suggest you go to Elizabethtown with not the highest of hopes and appreciate it for what it is, just a decent story made sugary sweet, but with one of the better closing sequences I've seen in a film. This is not a new story, and not even a great movie. But it is worth seeing just because I'd like to believe that this sort of thing is possible. In short, I just like the idea of Elizabethtown. Keep in mind that I also own a copies of Dude Where's My Car and Cobra, so view at your own risk.

Maria said...

Dude Where's My Car is a classic....

Hey Bec! AND THEEENNNN?????!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!

Maria said...

Oh and Matt, seriously, do you have the opening of Trainspotting memorized, or did you have to break out the DVD? It's OK, you can tell me the truth. ;)

How's working for The Man going? Has your soul been leeched out through your ears yet?

Here's hoping that it hasn't.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about australian water ski
. You can check it out at australian water ski
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Maria said...

Man, SpamBloggers are dispicable. If I spelled that correctly.