Monday, October 10, 2005

A Great Weekend

Well I have to say that if I had to pick a way to spend my weekend after working a 60+ hour week that I would spend it exactly as I did this last one. On Saturday night after a little 6 hour shift at the Gap Shaun and I went to go see Altar Boyz at the City Theater downtown. (It's inside the Hockeytown Cafe, very small.) Dr. Berman gave the tix to my mom and she gave them to Shaun and I and we had so much fun! The show is somewhat of a spoof of boy bands and Catholicism, but ultimately it had really good messages about friendship, perseverence, faith, and so on. The five guys in the group are Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan, and Abraham. My favorite little diddy from the show was no doubt the love ballad entitled, "Girl, You Make Me Wanna Wait." It's playing til December and tickets start at about $25, if you need something funny to do some night you should go, very worth it!

There were a couple of odd things that happened at the show though. While we were reading the program before everything started an older couple came and sat down in front of us. The man was probably in his late 50s and he was going bald -- which made it very easy to see that he had a bunch of drywall nails sticking out of his head. At first we just saw the two that were on the crown of his head, and then when he turned we noticed two more up in the front! It was SO STRANGE! To me they did not look like they were in his actual scalp, but Shaun says they were. I just kinda figured that he was putzing around in the garage waiting for his wife to get ready and accidentally bumped a shelf and some drywall nails fell into his hair.... Except they were pretty put in their place, not going anywhere if you know what I mean. So who knows, maybe he was using them to keep his hair piece in place. The other weird thing was a woman behind me who kept belching -- and I mean belching. At one point I started leaning forward in my chair because I was afraid she was about to earl all over the back of my head!! Nasty!!!

After the show on Saturday we had a drink at Hockeytown, and then went back to Shaun's place where we watched "Fever Pitch" with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. What a cute movie! I actually cried too, which Shaun teased me for (pretty ridiculous I'll admit), and then we went to bed.

On Sunday I woke up with no clue of what was in store for me for the entire day. I thought it was going to be a lazy Sunday, but Shaun had other plans! First he took to me lunch at this AMAZING restaurant in Rochester called Kruse and Muer (you should go!) where we ate like kings. Then we walked around downtown Rochester for a little while and window shopped for art neither of us can afford! Then we went to visit his mom for a little while and looked at some pictures from Chad and Kristina's engagement dinner. After that Shaun took me to Yates Cider Mill in Rochester (I think) where he got a fresh donut and I got a caramel apple (yum!) and we shared some cider. The cider mill is really nice but it was *so* busy yesterday! I think I will have to take him to the Franklin Cider Mill next weekend. Then we went home, I took a nap because I was pooped, and Shaun watched the end of the longest playoff game in Major League baseball history (18 freaking innings!). When I woke up it was off to Birmingham to go see the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Reynolds (a.k.a. Van Wilder). And we finished the night off at The Blarney Stone, where we are quickly becoming regulars.

All in all, a great day -- but next time we go somewhere in public that has seating we are waiting for everyone else to sit down first. Then we'll pick our seats. At the movie we sat down in an empty area, only to have a couple with an infant in a stroller sit down in front of us -- at an R rated movie, at 9:30 at night. When Shaun and I very clearly had looks of, "Oh great, a crying baby, just what we wanted to sit through!" the dad turned and smiled and said, "Don't worry, he doesn't wake up." Oh yeah? Wanna bet?? When that surround sound hits those speakers, that baby is gonna be wailing. I should have bet him, cuz I'd have won. Then a group of teenage boys sat down behind us who repeated every punchline of every joke in the movie, and walked all over the back of my chair with their boots. Awesome!

On the way home I just couldn't help thinking how lucky I am. Thanks to my baby for taking me out and showing me such a great time on my day off after a loooong week. I love you!!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Oh what a weekend!!! A musical, an awesome lunch, a Cider Mill, a Movie.....that's how you do it!!!!!!!