Saturday, December 09, 2006

You Never Give Me Your Money

You only give me your funny paper.
And in the middle of negoti- ations
You break down.

I never give you my number.
I only give you my situation.
And in the middle of investigation
I break down.
___________________________________________________________

Two in one day, how lucky are YOU? Pretty lucky. That's what.

So yesterday 94.7 did The Beatles A to Z in honor of John Lennon. Yesterday was the 26th anniversary of his death. While in the car driving to Natalie's play, talking on the phone and singing, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," (yes, I am one of those people that talks on my cell phone and drives at the same time) Matt told me he is trying to find a copy of Abbey Road so that he can frame it and hang it on the wall. He fancies himself like Paul, barefoot and out of step with the rest of the gang. I fancy myself like George: the only one in jeans.

At the intermission of Natalie's play, Uncle Greg, Mom, and I were discussing how timeless the music of The Beatles truly is.

And so today I am listening to Abbey Road.

That was really all I had to say.

Ooohh you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nobody ever wants to be the guy in the background ... just hanging out and enjoying the shade. Of course he could always also be the creepy guy lurking in the shadows ... it's all in the interpretation.