Friday, January 26, 2007

RHCP

So last night Nik and I went to go see the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Verizon Center here in D.C. This is my third time seeing the Peppers and I must say that while they sounded great, this show lacked the energy of the others. They played a lot of songs from the new album, which I was excited about because I ADORE it, but they took long pauses in between songs and didn't play much from their earlier albums (nothing from One Hot Minute, much to Nikki's dismay). Nik and I decided that Anthony Kiedis must not have been feeling 100%. He was drinking a ton of water, leaving stage between songs, and on the close up shots of his face on the gigantic screens we could see huge bags under his eyes. Flea and John Frusciante jammed out quite a bit though, and I think I am ready to announce that John Frusciante might be my new all time favorite rock guitarist. To Jack White and Mike McCready I apologize, I still love you guys, honestly, it's not you.... it's me... well actually it's Johnny, he is just AMAZING! Sorry, I just get carried away with myself... it's his guitar solos, I can't resist them! And his lips... and the long rocker hair.... *sigh* I just hope he and the rest of the boys make sure they stay off the heroin. While some artists are arguably better while drug-addicted (ahem, Scott Weiland), some artists are incredible no matter what, and it'd be nice to see the Chili Peppers still putting out great albums and putting on great shows for a long time to come.

No comments: