Wednesday, October 11, 2006

In The Navy

So, last weekend I went with Mom and Dad to Chicago to watch Jesse graduate from Navy boot camp. Pretty incredible. If someone had asked me five years ago to name 3 things I never thought I'd see Jesse do in his life, joining the military would have been on the list. Guess that just goes to show you that even people you've known all your life can still surprise you.

He looked outstanding in his uniforms, and he seemed healthier and happier than I've seen him in a long time. I can tell he was tired, probably physically and emotionally exhausted from all the ass busting he had to go through, but he's a better man for it.

And now he knows how to iron his clothes!

For your viewing pleasure:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Shaun tell you he's in CA already? They came in yesterday a.m. and told him "let's go"! He called from the L.A. airport last night (while I was on a quest for a comfortable mattress for you)--it's 80 and sunny there!

Maria said...

Well then I guess I need to know his new address then!! Did he give you an updated one?

Anonymous said...

Wow... As Brian would say, I'm all veklempt (however the hell you spell it!)... Keep us posted on how he's doing. Everyone looks great! Glad we got to chat the other night, Ri. Say hi to your fam for me & Brian. Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great Job Jesse!!!
We love ya!!
-thanks for posting these, Maria

-Rebeca