Sunday, February 24, 2008

Is It Just Me?

Or does this seem incredibly wrong:


This would be former Army Ranger Ivan Castro, who lost his sight while fighting in Iraq. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that it's great that there are programs that exist to help our wounded Iraq and Afghanistan veterans once they've returned home. But do we have to slap a giant, orange sign across their chest that says, "VISUALLY IMPAIRED" and push them down a giant snow covered hill? Couldn't we give them a sign that says, "WAR HERO," instead? Or at least, "I GAVE UP MY VISION FOR FREEDOM, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY?" OK, maybe that last one is pushing it, but you get my point. Let's not make them look pitiful, if we can at all possibly help it.

Read more about this here.

Oh, and Ralph Nader announced that he will be running for President. Come on Mr. Gore, the world is waiting for you!

No comments: