Monday, December 17, 2007

One Down, Five to Go

Congratulations are in order my friends, if I do say so myself. I have just (and when I say 'just' I literally mean just this very minute) completed my first semester of graduate school. Only five more to go before I'm a librarian. YAY! This means that for an ever-so-brief period of time (namely, between right now and January 11th at 1:30 PM) I will actually have - miracle of miracles! - *free* time! Holy crap! What the heck is that?! And to think, I've begun considering continuing on to get my PhD, I must be INSANE.

Some things I am looking forward to doing in the coming days and weeks include, but are not limited to:
  • seeing Steph and Brian's new house
  • calling Linda back (sorry dude, it's been ridiculous)
  • watching TV without feeling guilty about the time spent doing some activity other than studying, and catching up on all the episodes of Nip/Tuck that have been collecting in my DVR
  • reading something that is NOT from a library science journal (Vogue, here I come!)
  • drinking adult beverages
  • spending time with old friends while they are in town
  • cooking fun Christmas goodies
  • finishing my Christmas shopping
  • having fun
  • giving my brain a much deserved break

And, saving the best for last:

  • I get to see Shaun when he comes home from Texas!!!! YAY!

Think I'm excited about that last one?

3 comments:

A. said...

Congrats on a successful first semester!

Also: One of the points above reminds me: I will be back in Detroitish from Dec. 26 until Jan. 1. I think it goes without saying that we should hang out during this time, but I went ahead and said it anyway.

Leah said...

Congrats, Maria! You deserve a break!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you and all your success, but there seems to be at least one thing on here that you have NOT done yet.

I am sad about this=(

We have a lot to catch up on and there is much fun to be had! I misses you♥

~Linda