Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This Virgo Likes A Leo

And not just any Leo... Leonardo DiCaprio. Yes, I admit, I had pictures of him from Bop magazine hanging all over my bedroom walls when I was 10, 11, 12 and 13. (As well as Jason Priestly, Luke Perry, and Ethan Hawke.) Back then he was just another pretty face. As it turns out, little Leo can actually ACT!

Last night Shaun and I went to go see Martin Scorsese's new movie, "The Departed." In addition to Leo, it also stars Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, and Alec Baldwin. As if that weren't enough, Brad Pitt was one of the (executive?) producers. Although Shaun hated the ending, I thought it was amazing. I see serious Oscar nominations coming its way, and maybe even one for Leo.

It's amazing that the little pretty boy went from this:


To this:


I mean, wow. So anyway, back to the movie. I don't want to ruin anything, but I will say that it lives up to its name, and somehow Scorsese still manages to find surprising ways to off people. Go see it, but pee first, cuz it is 2.5 hours long.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Well you know i had to comment on this one. The movie does have a good story, but not the ending i would have preferred. Maybe after watching it for the 10th time i will start to like it.
Leo though does deserve an award for this, and Marky Mark was freaking hillarious.